Monday, May 26, 2014

Hummingbirds




As I looked out the window this week I saw a hummingbird drinking the nectar that I had put out for the beautiful hummingbirds. I thought about at how the hummingbirds are attracted to the red color and the sweet nectar. These birds are just like us in a way. We as humans are so attracted to sugar and the color red makes us eat more. 

Have you ever seen an overweight hummingbird? Now that is a funny picture in my mind.  I think that these birds are not overweight because they get their exercise by flapping their wings at a high rate of speed. What a great way to burn a lot of calories. lol

Oh, if I could just eat sugar and feel good all the time, I would be a content person. But I know this is not reality so I must try to stay away from sugar so I can feel good.

I wonder in a hummingbird’s life if they ever feel sick after eating all that sugar, just a thought.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment