Friday, March 28, 2014

HEALTH & HAPPINESS HACKER



What do you want to be when you grow up? How many times have we heard or even asked that question of ourselves or others? I think 13 year old Logan LaPlante is onto something with his "hackschooling" philosophy. I agree with him that once you're motivated to learn or do something, you can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. I have done that more times than I can count in my life. If I get intensely focused on doing something, it will happen, it's just a matter of time. I feel the same way about this wellness journey. I have complete faith that I will be my healthiest self within a few years. I just have to be patient and consistent with the process. I want to be a health and happiness hacker! I agree with Logan when he says that hackers are are innovators. They challenge and change the system to make them work better.

"Having the hacker mindset can change the world." ~ Logan LaPlante

Logan also mentions Dr. Roger Walsh, creator of Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC), who says that there are eight basic things that we can do to achieve health and happiness: Exercise, Diet & Nutrition, Time in Nature, Contribution & Service, Relationships, Relaxation & Stress Management, Religious & Spiritual Involvement. Dr. Walsh says even small changes in these areas can increase our health and happiness.

There are many things I want to do, but when it comes to what I want to be, I want the same things most of us want... I want to BE happy, BE healthy and BE loved for who I am.

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment