Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Vision



 


As I stepped on the scales this week I thought I would be under the 200 mark. I knew I had been good about exercising this week, but I also had a few bad eating days this week. When I saw that I had only lost 1.4 pounds and I still was in the two hundreds, I thought someone had to be messing with my scales. Sadly, nobody had and I accept the 1.4 pound loss. I will reach my goal in due time. I have been overweight for a long time, and it will take a while to get to my goal weight. I can dream about it and I did last night…

 I dreamed I was at my goal weight running in a 5k race. As I woke up I felt my stomach and thought “oh man, I still have it.” It was a good dream while it lasted! I think I dreamed that because last night we worked on creating a vision board. Kathy has studied vision boards, and she suggested that the Great Weight Off group create vision boards to inspire us to reach our goals. This was a fun group activity, and I enjoyed the different ideas that everyone was sharing.

We had to find a past picture of ourselves that we liked. That was hard for me to do because I do not like any pictures of myself. I found one that was taken quite a while ago, and I put it on my vision board. I was actually eating my birthday cake that my mom had made me in the picture. I cut that out of the picture, but at least it was an angel food cake!

I put items and words that have inspired me on my vision board.  I have a picture of a scale that says the word JOY instead of a number. Wouldn’t that be great to see on your scale in the morning? I have heard that there are scales that do talk to you; I think I will pass on that type of scale for now. I found a picture of a soda bottle, and I crossed the bottle out. This is something that I have given up, and that was hard to do. One word that I put on my vision board is “believe.” I love that word. It means so many different things to me. We have to believe that we will achieve our goals. Another item that I have on my vision board is a phrase that states, “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” This statement goes right along with my dream that I had.

 I have enjoyed my trips to the YMCA, and I have also learned so much from the ladies that work at MGH. This has been a learning journey to get myself back to the person who I used to be; the person that is in the picture on my board. I challenge you to do a vision board for yourself. It will help you achieve your goals by being able to visualize them every day.

Julie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment