Saturday, March 8, 2014

Inspiring Women



Today is International Women's Day. I am grateful for all the women who have stood up for our rights for equality. This day makes me think about the women who have helped inspire positive change in my life. There are many, but if I had to choose just one, it would be Joyce Meyer. Louise Hay is close behind. Oprah Winfrey is the loop too. I admire these women because they have overcome immense obstacles in their life to help create positive change in people's lives. They have influenced my life in many ways including this journey I am currently on to live my healthiest, happiest life and help others along the way. I pray for the faith of Joyce Meyer, the confidence of Louise Hay, and the generous spirit of Oprah Winfrey. I love that they all have found the strength and courage to share their gifts with the world. I aspire to do the same thing in my own unique way as I travel this enlightened path.

We all have family members who inspire us. My grandmother inspired me to write, not by talking about it, but by doing it. She always had a notepad and pen nearby. My grandma also instilled her faith in God in me that has been the greatest source of strength in my life. My mother has inspired me to have a forgiving spirit. She forgives easily and has passed that gift on to me. Forgiveness enables growth. My daughter inspires me because she raises three children while working a full-time, physically demanding job. She is proof that each generation evolves. She is beautiful inside and out.

I am thankful for all the women who have helped me become the woman I am today, one who cares about the connection of mind, body and spirit and reminds me that we are all one.

Who inspires you?

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment