Monday, February 10, 2014

Cheese Soup




When it is cold outside, warm soup always tastes good, and it is freezing out. Did you know that if you eat soup before a main meal you could possibly eat less? I like to look through cookbooks and try different types of soups. My problem is that I like the creamy soups, and they are usually loaded with calories. I started thinking at how I could make cheese soup healthier so that I could eat it more often without feeling guilty. I started experimenting and looking in the grocery store for healthier cheese products. I found Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup in a can. I took that and added in my favorite vegetables and skim milk to create a healthier alternative to what I was used to eating. I took a picture of the soup that I made, and if you would like to try making this, here is the recipe. I was happy with how the soup turned out.

 Cheese Soup

1 can Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup

4 cups skim milk

5 potatoes diced

1 small onion diced

1 cup baby cut-up carrots

¼ teaspoon onion salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

 
Heat milk and cheddar cheese soup until  desired temperature. Cook vegetables separately until tender. Mix half of vegetables in a blender (to make soup thicker). Mix all together and cook on low heat. Serve and enjoy on a cold winter day!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment