Monday, February 17, 2014

FEAR: The Real Reason Diets Don't Work


The Real Reason Diets Don't Work? FEAR
Fear is a prison.
"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, 
do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie


I get it. I understand why diets don't work, why people always fall off the wagon. For the past couple days, negative emotions have been coming at me like a freight train. Thoughts, doubts, questioning everything I am, have ever been, and hope to be - erupting out of me like molten lava. Every other time in my life for as long as I can remember, I numbed those feelings out with food. What do I do now that I don't have that crutch? Pray. Yes, I can and do pray often, but in the moment of intense cravings even prayer seems little comfort compared to doughnuts, french fries and sweet tea. I swear the devil works through those foods, tempting me, fooling me, telling me everything will be alright, and so I kept stuffing my face until my stomach hurt so bad that the physical pain became my main focus. No longer was I focusing on my relationship or finances which were rapidly declining. Well, I'm standing naked confronting my issues now and it scares the hell out of me. I want to turn away, but there is nowhere to hide.

I have turned a corner onto a foggy street and am filled with fear, but the road behind me looks much scarier because I know where it leads - to a DEAD end marked by a stagnant life, illness and disease. I don't want to go back to that place. Life beckons me. So, I tiptoe forward into the unknown even though it will continue to lead me down dark streets. Lord help me. Faith is my guiding light, my way out of the darkness. Exercise is my comfort now. Plant-based food is my rocket fuel. I am going for a swim today, knowing that will clear up my thinking. Stay hydrated and stay focused.

I can do this. We can do this. We have to save our own life and the only way to do that is to keep marching forward, even through the storm.

Kathy


"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment