Thursday, February 20, 2014

That One Special Place


We all have that one special place where we can go to connect with our place in the world and our spirit. A place that makes us feel small, yet significant. A place that helps our spirit soar and helps us acknowledge the child within us. A place of healing and renewing of the mind, body and soul. For me that place is Mounds State Park. I have always felt a special connection to Mounds. It's my favorite place to hike and think. I can't wait for my first visit of the year. I get an annual pass every year that I can use at all the state parks. It's one of the best investments in nature and my health that I can make. I take my grandchildren to Mounds several times throughout the year. I want to share my love of nature, Native American history, and the park with them. I see many symbols of life there too, like the stairs that goes through the woods. You don't have to know where it leads you just have to take the first step, one step at a time and you will reach your destination. Just like our health, it is a journey. 

I hope you get the opportunity to visit Mounds State Park one day and commune with nature because it is there that you realize we are here for such a short time and it is in enjoying the beauty that surrounds us that makes us feel most alive. 

Wishing You Abundant Health & Happiness, 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment