Saturday, February 15, 2014

Follow the Yellow Brick Road


I have always loved the movie, The Wizard of Oz. I have seen the new Wizard of Oz, Oz the Great and Powerful, three times. When I was a little girl the movie would always be on TV around Easter. My mom would pop popcorn, and we would all sit around the TV and watch this fun movie. When VCRs came around, I thought, “Wow I could watch this movie anytime I wanted!” My mom bought the movie, and the grandkids always loved coming over and watching it together. The Wizard of Oz, if you think about it, has a good meaning if you can see beyond that evil witch. The quote in the movie sparked a new blog idea in my head. “You’ve always had the power my dear; you just had to learn it for yourself.”

You do have the power to become who you want to be. You are the only one that can hold yourself back from were you want to go. You have a choice, and you have to make the right one. You can make the choice to hold yourself back, or you can chose to let yourself live up to your full potential. We have to believe in our minds that we will get healthier and live life to its fullest. This journey is part of a learning experience, and it is an experience that can add years to our lives and make us happier people. We have the power to make that change. Come join me. Do you want to go to Kansas with your Ruby Slippers? All you have to do is believe you have the power to change. Let’s walk down that yellow brick road together!
Julie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment