Saturday, February 22, 2014

MOTIVATION



Motivational and inspirational videos, quotes, books, podcasts, and people - are all helping me get to where I need to be. I know if I am to succeed, I have to want it as much as I want to breathe!

Here are some quotes from the video the resonated with me. Please comment below on the quotes that resonate with YOU!

"What drives you?"

"If you are not pursuing your goal, you are committing spiritual suicide."

"When you have some goal that you are stretching for and reaching for that takes you out of your comfort zone, you will find out some talents and abilities that you have that you didn't know you have."

"Greatness is a lot of small things done well, day after day, workout after workout, obedience and obedience, day after day."

"what are the reasons that you can think of that can keep you strong?"

"Allow your pain to push you from where you are to where you want to be, embrace your pain, push yourself."

"If there is no enemy within the enemy outside can do us no harm."

"When life knocks you down, try to land on your back, because if you can look up, you can get up."

"Say yes to your dreams."

"Leave no dreams or opportunities left behind."

"You got to want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe."

"If it was easy, everyone would do it."

"Harness your will."

"Today is the only important day."



I also want to share one of my favorite poems with you. I had this hanging on my wall for years. I think it's time to post it up again!


Success
by Berton Braley

If you want a thing bad enough
To go out and fight for it,
Work day and night for it,
Give up your time and your peace and your sleep for it.

If only desire of it
Makes you quite mad enough
Never to tire of it,
Makes you hold all other things tawdry and cheap for it
If life seems all empty and useless without it
And all that you scheme and you dream is about it,
If gladly you’ll sweat for it,
Fret for it,
Plan for it,
Lose all your terror of God or man for it.

If you’ll simply go after that thing that you want.
With all your capacity,
Strength and sagacity,
Faith, hope and confidence, stern pertinacity,
If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt,
Nor sickness nor pain
Of body or brain
Can turn you away from the thing that you want,
If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it,
You’ll get it!

# # #

We got this!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment