Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Crowd Out FOOD ADDICTION Podcast #2 with Katherine Nilbrink



Last night we had our first Great Weight off Community Challenge group conference call. Our guest speaker was plant-based nutrition educator, Katherine Nilbrink who has worked in the health, wellness, and fitness field for 25 years. She worked with Reebok to create one of my all-time favorite cardio exercises, STEP AEROBICS! She also worked with Whole Foods to create their plant-based education program. Katherine currently teaches a plant-based nutrition certification course at eCornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, which is how I met her. She was one of my instructors when I took the course last year. I have learned a lot from Katherine and Dr. Campbell. In fact, what I have learned has changed my life and led me to the current path I am on to a healthier life.

During the interview, Katherine explains three reasons food addiction is so powerful and she provides many tips on how to crowd out food addiction. I love this "crowd out" approach to a healthier lifestyle because as Katherine says and we all know, "Diets Don't Work!"

I encourage you to give the podcast a listen and provide your insights and feedback in the comment section below. If you would like more information about overcoming food addiction and the plant-based lifestyle, visit Katherine on Facebook and on her website at www.lifetrekk.com.

Here are some healthy recipe sites that Katherine recommends:
www.straightupfood.com
www.fatfreevegan.com
www.engine2diet.com
www.nutritionstudies.org
www.pcrm.org
www.lifetrekk.com 

To your health!

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment