Saturday, January 4, 2014



Do you like to juice? Have you ever heard of a juicer? My daughter purchased one and she makes juice all the time.  She puts one in the refrigerator and checks with me after I get home from work to see if I have drank it yet. I have to admit at first I drank a little and dumped it down the sink.  After a while I started drinking the whole glass. We put all kinds of vegetables and fruit in it.  There is no rhyme or reason to it. We have tried all kinds of vegetable and fruit. 
I really don’t like the taste but after I drink it, it gives me a little boost of energy and I am not hungry for quite a while.  It helps me when I come home from work to drink it because I usually am starving by the time I get home. I am not a very good vegetable eater so this is the next best thing in getting my veggies down. There are all kinds of recipes in juicing that you can try also when you buy a juicer. 

It does get expensive but if you read the ads in the paper you can find good deals on vegetables at different stores at different times. 
If you are not a vegetable and fruit eater try a juicer. Put a big straw in a glass and hold your nose.  (It’s really not that bad)  Some people only drink the juice and use it for a meal. I don’t, I use it in place of my vegetables and fruit for dinner. I am working to get Healthy in all kinds of ways and that includes JUICING!

Here is a juice recipe that we have made.

1 bunch of Kale

1 lemon

2 big carrots

1 golden beet

1 red beet

1 sweet potato
 

Happy Juicing!
 
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment