Friday, January 10, 2014

Trigger Food



Pizza is a weekly tradition at our house. Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Pizza King - I have their number on speed dial! Even though I made a promise to myself to eat mostly plant-based, non-processed food this year, I started justifying my craving tonight by thinking, I get the "veggie" pizza. It has lots of vegetables on it. It's good for me. Plus, Papa John's pizza dough is vegan! Besides, I have two days before the Great Weight Off Challenge "officially" begins.

The craving and weekly habit won. I ordered Papa John's pizza, which is my favorite. As usual, I ordered half Garden Fresh Veggie Pizza for me and half The Works Pizza for my husband. I thought tonight I'll eat just one piece. HAHA! Four pieces and a bloated stomach later, I realized that pizza is and probably always will be a trigger food for me. When it comes to trigger foods "just one" will never do.

During the 12-week challenge, I will avoid pizza. I'll pretend I'm allergic to it when the cravings kick in because it's a powerful trigger food and easy to overeat.

What's your trigger food? Can you eat "just one" piece of pizza? How do you get past your cravings for trigger food? I've heard that the craving will pass. We will see!

I hope you have a healthy and happy weekend.

Kathy

P.S. The Great Weight Off Challenge starts Sunday, January 12, 2014. To participate, email your name, address, phone number, and 12-week weight loss goal to weightoff@chronicle-tribune.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment