Thursday, January 30, 2014

Veggie Pizza


Have you ever had veggie pizza? When I first heard of veggie pizza I thought to myself, “This does not sound good at all.” I love pizza, but cold pizza with vegetables on it did not sound that appetizing. I like baked thin crust pizza with cheese and vegetables, but this veggie pizza has unbaked vegetables on it. How can that taste good?

Years ago my mom made this recipe. She cut up the vegetables, made the crust, and the sauce, and I tried it. I figured that this was a lot of work for something that was not going to taste good. I am glad that I tried it, because if I hadn’t tried it I wouldn’t have known that I love it, and now I make it a lot. This is a great recipe to make for any occasion.

Yesterday, work was called off because of the cold, and I thought it was a good day to make this delicious veggie pizza. I get to eat my pizza and have my vegetables too!

 

Healthy Veggie Pizza

 

1 ½ cans of reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls

1 package dry ranch dip mix

1 ½ cup low fat mayonnaise

1 ½ cup of reduced fat shredded cheese

1 cup carrots

2 cups broccoli

2 cups cauliflower

1 small onion (diced)

 

Roll out crescent rolls to form a rectangle. Bake according to instructions. Let crust cool. Mix ranch dip and mayonnaise. Spread on crust evenly. Add toppings to crust and finish topping it off with cheese. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment