Monday, January 20, 2014

Egg Salad Sandwich



I love eggs! I can eat eggs scrambled, in an omelet, in salads, and in about any way you make an egg. Eggs are so quick and easy to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Eggs are not just a breakfast food. When I want to make something quick and healthy to eat, I usually make an egg sandwich. I grew up eating a lot of egg sandwiches.
I ate out at a restaurant the other day that is known for their egg salad. The batter of the egg salad was so smooth.  I had to find out how they made their egg salad. Before, when I made egg salad, I used a fork to crush up the boiled eggs. It was always so bumpy looking, not smooth at all. Is this the way your egg salad looks?
To make it smoother, put the eggs in the blender and then add everything else and blend until smooth.  After I did this, my egg salad looks and tastes just like the restaurant‘s egg salad.
Here is a healthy egg salad recipe that I make a lot. Enjoy!


Healthy Egg Salad
2 whole hardboiled eggs
3 hardboiled egg whites
1/8 cup mustard
1 cup light or fat free mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic salt
Put ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Spread egg salad on whole wheat bread and enjoy a healthy sandwich.  This recipe makes enough for four sandwiches.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment